The client needed to create a framework to connect ‘nodes’ to orchestrate complex scenarios. The nodes could be distributed, have varied input & output data formats, require different hardware and could be cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac). Hybrid Integration Platforms (HIP) make it simpler to integrate data and applications across on-premise and multi-cloud environment.
While many well-known HIPs provide core functionality, Alumnus crafted a purpose-built Hybrid Integration / Connectivity Platform for the specific needs of the client to enhance productivity in addressing complex scenarios.to craft, execute & monitor a pipeline with the following features:
- Allows creation of static or dynamic (condition driven) pipelines.
- Connects producer and consumer nodes using a Broker. The broker has a data format independent of the input or output formats of the individual nodes.
- Provides SDK in different languages (Java, JS, python) to enable developers to write customized nodes easily.
- Provides centralized event logging and searching.
- Is able to handle streaming / high frequency data.
- Is highly scalable and can be deployed in Cloud or on-premise.
- The dashboard allows workflow creation and live pipeline state monitoring.
The front end of the program is a web application and only authenticated users can access the system.